Monday, February 17, 2014

Burst of Spring

I am in desperate need of a break from this dreary, cold weather. We just got more snow over the weekend. And. I. Am. So. Over. It! This week's forecast has a day in the 50s, so I am beyond excited! I might even break out one of my maxi dresses just to celebrate. It's the little things, right?!

With my sights set on warmer weather, I have been browsing online for graduation dresses. It's so scary that it's finally that time! It definitely feels like I just got here and was picking out my first day of school outfit freshman year. While I am dreading actually leaving Bloomington, I've got to admit that it's been fun to look at bright, spring dresses lately.

Below are my top four choices, but I need YOUR help to decide which one is best. I love fit and flare styles, so I started there. Coincidentally they all involve lace, which is a tad out of character for me, but I'm just really feeling it this season. I want a dress in a bright color but that I can also wear to work over the summer. With this in mind, I would love your thoughts on the following options. Can't wait to hear what you all think!

One // I've got to admit, this is one of my favorites from the start. I love the royal purpley-blue color, and the lace detailing is feminine without being granny. The length is perfect and I could see this dress worn with a blazer thrown over it for the office. // Ivy & Blu


Two // This poppy (they call it geranium) color is just perfect for spring. I had to include the back view so you could see the cute cut-out that is flirty without being too revealing. I love that this dress has sleeves, which makes it automatically work appropriate. // Plenty by Tracy Reese


Three // You are probably getting sick of the lace already, but I just couldn't stop. Plus, you know pink is one of my favorite colors. Not sure if this dress is too "garden party" or matronly for what I'm going for, though. // Eliza J


Four // The navy is a bit darker than I was hoping for, but I really love the pretty halter detailing and the scalloped hem. The dress might not be the best for the office, but the modern shape and fit would make it perfect for graduation. // Eliza J




Which dress is your favorite? I need your help!

1 comment:

  1. Number two and three are my favorite for graduation but four is a must!

    ReplyDelete