Monday, February 3, 2014

January Favorites

These posts are easily becoming my absolute favorite to write. I love reflecting on the month and remembering my favorite things. It's always interesting to see what stood out the most and I can't wait to look back on these posts to see what my favorites were at a particular point in time. Without further ado, let's kick off 2014 with my favorites from January.



Casual // I never thought that I would long for the day when I only have to wear one pair of pants. But here I am. It has been freezing lately which in my book definitely necessitates leggings under jeans. Seriously these things keep you so warm! Plus, they are great to work out in. But really, who is working out in this weather anyways? // Underarmour Leggings

Fun // It's Juan-uary! This is definitely my guilty pleasure and my roommate, Carmen, and I have a standing date Monday night at 8 p.m. to watch together. I'm still not convinced whether I like Juan as the Bachelor, but regardless, the ensuing drama (not to mention the tears!) keeps me coming back each week. // The Bachelor

Beauty // This is super boring, but has really been a necessity this month. My hands and face have been super dry in January, and no surprise there because the winter wind really zaps everything of moisture. I don't think I need fancy face cream, so I've just been using Cetaphil, and it does the trick just fine! I slather it on a couple of minutes before I put on my BB cream and powder (usually when I am doing my eye make-up) so that it dries enough that I'm not greasy. // Cetaphil

Professional // I know I've blogged about these shoes before because they really are the perfect flat. I already have them in red, but they are just so comfy and simple that I had to invest in a black pair. Because I have huge feet, I couldn't find them at Nordstrom but then snagged them at the Sam Edelman store in SoHo a couple weeks ago. The store was amazing and I was so happy they had them in my size. Plus I felt a little bit like Carrie Bradshaw buying shoes in New York City. Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?! // Sam Edelman Felicia Flat

Wildcard // These are seriously delicious! I discovered them at the little convenience store on campus and they have easily become my favorite breakfast. The combination of cocoa roasted almonds, granola, mini marshmallows and honey-roasted peanuts is the perfect sweet treat in the morning. And they are easy to toss in your bag to eat on the run. Also, because they have almonds in them I can convince myself that they are a tad bit healthy, right? // Emerald S'mores Nut Mix

PR Advice // One of the most stressful parts of applying for internships and jobs is compiling your portfolio. I never know what to include and I'm constantly paranoid that there is a grammar or spelling mistake in there that I inevitably missed. If you are putting together your portfolio, check out these tips to make sure that your work shines! // PR portfolios: Putting your best work forward in the new year

Book // So being back at school has really put a damper on my reading time. This month I'm including a favorite that I really want to read. People have raved about this book and I really want to give it a try when I get a chance. I know they're turning it into a movie soon and I want to make sure that I read the book first. If anyone has read this one already, let me know what you think! // The Book Thief

What things got you through January?

No comments:

Post a Comment