Monday, February 10, 2014

Wanderlust

I'm not sure whether it's the time of year (read: I'm sick of snow) or just the fact that school is starting to pile up, but lately I've been really jonesing for a vacation. I'm not usually a huge beach fan. The sand gets everywhere, I burn really easily and I get bored just lying there. But for some reason, a beach sounds particularly good right now. Especially if there's a cabana boy to bring me frozen cocktails. But I digress. One of the beaches I'm dying to go back to and others that I can't wait to visit:

One // Hawaii

Junior year of high school, I traveled with some of my best friends to Honolulu for a band trip. It was seriously one of the best weeks of my life filled with laughter, beautiful sunsets and amazing memories. I cannot wait to go back one day and soak up that Hawaiian sunshine again.


Sunset from Waikiki Beach


View from the top of Diamond Head


From left, my friends Kristin, Katie, me and Julianne before we went snorkeling

Two // Los Angeles

One of my best friends from high school, Arianna, lives in Los Angeles and I visited her briefly (aka for about an hour) last summer before I left for my Contiki trip. I really want to go back and just lie on the beach for days. And squeeze in some shopping, of course!


Malibu (source)

Three // New Zealand

New Zealand was never on my list until I met so many Kiwis on my Contiki trip this summer! Now it's pretty close to the top. From the gorgeous beaches to the lush landscape, there seems to be so much to see there. Can't wait to show NZ some love and visit ASAP!


Piha Beach, Auckland (source)

Four // Australia

The Land Down Under is also high on my list after meeting so many amazing Australians this summer. I was surprised that many of them live incredibly close to the beach and it made me tremendously jealous. Although that proximity would probably make getting work done even more difficult! I'm especially jealous that it is summer down there right now. 


Adelaide (source)

Five // Greece

To be honest, Greece is always the country that is at the top of my list to visit. I love Greek food, the beaches are gorgeous and the architecture is just beautiful. I want to save this one for a special trip but when I make it, I know it will be so worth the wait. That blue water? Breath-taking!


Zakynthos (source)


Mikonos (source)

If you could go on a vacation, where would you go?




No comments:

Post a Comment