Thursday, April 3, 2014

March Favorites

March has been one crazy month to say the least! The first half of the month was spent in eager anticipation of my spring break trip to Italy (if you haven't already, read about my time in Rome and Florence). Then the remainder of the month was a big catch up session after getting back (and some depression about being back in the States, not gonna lie!). I've been back and forth to Chicago for interviews, which is very exciting, but at the same time I haven't really been able to settle back into life in Bloomington. Anyways, here's to a wonderful March and looking forward to an even better April!


Casual // I've had this bag in black for some time now. In fact, I bought it over spring break last year, but only really started using it last summer. I brought this bag to Italy and I was in love, love, love with it! It's the perfect travel bag because it can fit a camera and other essentials (ahem, hand sanitizer) but is a crossbody so you are hands-free when exploring the city. While black is a great classic, I love the turquoise/mint color for spring. Plus, it's on sale right now at Nordstrom! // kate spade new york 'cobble hill - ellen' leather crossbody bag

Professional // I was tempted to make my favorite this black pencil skirt that I got over the weekend, but decided that was too boring. But if you are in the market for a timeless skirt, though, I would highly recommend it! Instead, I went with this pretty nude polish. I borrowed this color from my roommate, Carmen, because I knew it would be a great shade for interviews. I hate having bare nails for interviews, but at the same time, I don't want to wear anything distracting. This shade is the perfect compromise because it looks clean but still has some color. // Essie's Sand Tropez

Fun // Have you heard this song? I'm seriously in love! I originally bought it on iTunes because I liked how it sounded and wanted new music for Italy. But I quickly fell in love with the lyrics as well. It's all about how it's fun to be a part of the real world. With graduation quickly upon me, I'm getting more and more excited to be a "real person" and this song is the perfect pump up song for my future. // "Ain't It Fun" by Paramore

Beauty // I'm not very good with fragrances. For every day I love my Chloe perfume, but I didn't want to bring my full-size bottle to Italy yet still wanted to smell nice while walking around the city. Truthfully, I found a sample of this fragrance in my bathroom and just threw it into my makeup bag for the trip. But it turned out that I really do love the smell! The fragrance has notes of bamboo, nashi, lotus flower and balsa wood. It's very feminine and airy, which was the perfect light fragrance for traveling. And now it reminds of me of being in Italy. I love that fragrances can do that! // Bulgari "Omnia Crystalline"

PR Advice // Having a clean online reputation is essential for both corporate and personal brands. Especially when looking for a job, it is imperative that you have an online presence that is professional (aka free of drunk photos of you from spring break!). While the tips in this article are geared for corporations, I think they could equally be applied to cleaning up your own personal brand. // "8 Steps to Clean Up Your Online Reputation"

Wildcard // I've talked about my obsession with YouTube vloggers before. They are actually what inspired these "favorite"posts! But I've recently gotten more into beauty vloggers, especially vloggers from the UK. I enjoy hearing about the different products they love (and hate) as well as learning new tips and tricks. I'm currently working on mastering the feline flick (otherwise known as a "cat eye" in the States). Plus, let me just tell you that the accents really do make a difference. It's thoroughly fueling my desire to go back to London, which is both good and bad. My current favorite British vloggers are Fleur De Force, Amelia Liana and Essie Button. // YouTube Beauty Vloggers

Book // Ok, I understand that Frozen is not a book. But I wasn't able to get much reading done in March, aside from the Glamour I read on the plane. However, I have been able to watch Frozen a couple times throughout the month. A bunch of my friends on the Italy trip and I decided to all watch Frozen on the plane at the same time and it was so much fun to experience the movie with my friends. I was even able to convince some skeptics to give it a shot - and they of course loved it! I'm obsessed with the movie, the music, the message, everything! If you haven't seen it yet (I don't know why?!) but you should! // Frozen

What were some of your favorites from March?

No comments:

Post a Comment