Sunday, April 28, 2013

Black and White

It is no question that I am a major fan of color. Anything bright and vibrant is right up my alley. My room at home is this shade of pink. I rest my case!

But one of my favorite trends for spring/summer is black and white. Especially in a professional environment, this is the perfect palette. The contrasting tones are contemporary and fun while still being adult. And they are also a great canvas for pops of color. You can see why I love this trend so much. I can share my love for color in appropriate doses. A win-win for any office.

1. I own this striped peplum number. It has the perfect amount of stretch and is super slimming! Plus, the peplum hides any problem areas, which is great after a lunch out. Add a cute orange-y coral bag and this is a perfect, comfy look for those warm summer days in the office.

Peplum Dress: Target // Orange Bag: Target // Black Pumps: Nordstrom

2. Another striped number goes great with a bright red belt. Not only does the belt cinch your middle, but it also adds a fun dose of color to an otherwise black and white dress. Add a black cardigan or blazer to take off the chill from the AC. These nude pumps elongate your gams and round out an easy, fun summer outfit.

Striped Dress: Target // Nude Pumps: Nordstrom

3. A simple pair of black pants and a white, silk peplum top (you can start to see my obsession for peplum here, right?) is the easiest outfit possible. To keep it from looking too waitress-y, add a fun pop with a neon necklace (I own it in coral but couldn't find it online) and leopard print pumps. This outfit is pretty ordinary but with the appropriate accessories, it looks anything but.

Peplum Top: Madewell // Trousers: Madewell // Necklace: Target // Leopard Pumps: J.Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment