Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I'm Back

So as you can see, I haven't been super active on the blog recently. A few things called school, PRSSA, and just plain life have gotten in the way. But I'm back with a little bit more focus. So here we go again!

I have exciting news! I just accepted an offer to be a Health and Wellness intern at Fleishman-Hillard this summer in Chicago. This is the perfect internship for me because I can combine my love of public relations and healthcare. Cannot wait to start!

But of course, when I found out I got the internship, I also knew that a shopping trip was in order to find even more professional clothes. While I have a sizable stock-pile from last year's internship, I could use a few new pieces to spice up my wardrobe. But let's be real, like I need a better excuse to shop.

Professional dressing is a special challenge for me because I love to show my personal style (read: florals, bright colors, stripes, and bold accessories) in everything I wear. These items are not always the most work-appropriate but I find it so much fun to try to make them fit. I mean, I want to feel like myself while still looking professional.

I would like to re-focus this blog to look at how college students can look professional on a tight budget or with a few key pieces while still expressing their personal style. I will also offer internship advice and be a resource for anything PR-related. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment