Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Gift Guide for Dad

I was talking to my roommate the other day and we both agreed that the hardest person to shop for is our dads. Most of the time, the default present for my dad is clothing. While functional, clothes aren't always the most exciting gift to unwrap on Christmas morning. One of my favorite Christmas presents that I got my dad was a pillow that said, "Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad." While the sentiment is cheesy, there's a lot of truth to it. Plus, I was 10 and bought it with my own money. For the other Daddy's girls who might be struggling to find the perfect present, I gathered some options that are sure to put a smile on Dad's face.


One // Dad likes to be cozy too (I know mine does!). This robe will be sure to keep him warm on those chilly winter mornings. // Flannel Robe: $85 (plus 30% off!)

Two // If your dad plays the guitar like mine, this is the cutest gift. You can personalize your own message to be engraved on the pick, but I love the cheeky message shown above, "Couldn't pick a better dad." So sweet! // Personalized Brass Guitar Pick: $20

Three // What Dad doesn't have their favorite sports team? If you're in college, this is a perfect time to get your dad suited up in your school's gear. My dad went to the University of Michigan and is a die-hard Wolverine so it always melts my heart when I see him in IU apparel. That's true love! // Indiana Basketball Hat: $17.99

Four // Ever since my dad got a touch screen phone, he's been glued to that thing non-stop. As a result, he's been exploring social media more but I'll spare you the details of the tutorials I've been giving him - he still doesn't really understand Twitter. Now Dad can update his status and keep his fingers warm in these gloves with an electronic tip in the thumbs and forefinger. // North Face eTip Gloves: $45

Five // Make Dad shine at his work golf outing with these golf balls that reduce slices and hooks (which I think is a good thing) to improve his game. No one will know his little secret! Plus, they are banned by the United States Golf Association which means they are pretty BA in my book. // Hook and Slice Reducing Golf Balls: $34.95

Six // Dad will never misplace his keys again when he uses these Bluetooth tracker stickers that allow him to track lost items with the accompanying iPhone app. He can track up to 20 items at once within a 100-foot range. Technology at its finest!  // Bluetooth Location Finder: $49.99

Seven // If Dad follows the Humans of New York blog, he will love this book that is perfect for an office or coffee table! The book captures real New Yorkers and their stories to feature the true spirit of the city. // Humans of New York Book: $18.35

Eight // For the Dad that loves TV, this device brings online entertainment like Netflix, Hulu Plus, YouTube, HBO and more, onto his HDTV. Now the whole family can enjoy the new season of House of Cards in February. // Chromecast: $35

Nine // I have yet to find a Dad (or anyone) who doesn't find Seinfeld HILARIOUS. Help him relive his favorite episodes with this boxed set of the entire series. He will love you forever. // Seinfeld The Complete Series: $84.94

Ten // My dad is master of the grill in our house. And every guru needs his proper set of tools. This is a gift the whole family will benefit from this summer. I can just smell the burgers now! // Stainless Steel Master BBQ Tool Set: $82.39

Eleven // Treat your dad to a gift card from his favorite restaurant. Bonus points if you go to dinner with him. Not only will you get a free meal, but some of my favorite conversations with my dad happened over a meal. For my dad, I'd get a gift card to Wildfire. Yum! // Lettuce Entertain You Gift Card: $75

Twelve // Help wake Dad up with an adorable silhouette mug for his morning cup of joe. You can submit your own picture of you as a kid to make it truly special. // Personalized Silhouette Mug: $40

P.S. Check out my other gift guide for your girl friends. Plus, everything is $35 and under!

What will you be getting Dad for the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment