Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Scandal!

To say I am obsessed with this (new to me) show would be putting it lightly. My friend, Jessica, recommended I watch it earlier in the semester but I never had the time to fully commit to it. I knew Thanksgiving would be the perfect time to binge-watch the show. And I was right! There are so many reasons why Scandal is fabulous, but I will break it down into four main reasons:

1. It's about PR (kind of) // Olivia Pope is D.C.'s "fixer," the woman you go to if you committed a crime and want to get out of it or want to get elected president. She is a media relations queen who focuses on listening to her gut. Olivia always asks her clients, "What do you want?" This question is equally important for anyone in public relations to ask of a client before working on a campaign. You must establish goals beforehand so that you know what you are working towards. We should all strive to be gladiators in suits!

2. The fashion! // Not only is Olivia incredibly smart, she also is an amazing dresser! Her style is classic in modern shapes and neutral tones. While I love adding a pop of color to most of my outfits, there is something so simply elegant about sticking to the basics. And just to show you what I mean...


You can't go wrong with a sleek grey suit. // This beige jacket is to-die with Olivia's chic long gloves.


Love this white Burberry coat and Prada handbag. Something tells me Olivia must have super powers to prevent spilling on herself.


Simply stunning in this champagne floor-length number.

3. I love presidents // I have a strange obsession with all things presidential. So much so that I shamefully admit that I would love to be First Lady one day. Although after watching this show I'm not sure I want all that responsibility, especially with a cheating husband. The plot twists are endless in this show, which always keeps you wanting more! It's so much fun to see the inside world of our government. Hopefully in real life it's a little less (I couldn't resist!) scandalous.

4. Olivia Pope loves wine // How she manages to consume copious amounts of red wine and still keep her figure, I have no clue. But her vino addiction is fueling my love for the Crate & Barrel wine glasses she uses in the show. I'm not a fan of red wine, but these adorable, tall goblet glasses sure make me want to give it another shot.


What shows are you loving right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment