Thursday, December 19, 2013

#ThrowbackThursday: College Round

I'm officially back home in Chicago today, which means winter break is in full swing! This also means that I am halfway through senior year. Crazy how time flies!

I've been especially nostalgic lately, thinking about all I've accomplished and how much I've changed over the past three and half years at IU. When I was in high school, I never thought I would end up here. IU wasn't even on my radar until the summer before my senior year of high school. I went on a campus tour begrudgingly and ended up falling in LOVE!

I could never have imagined the amazing friendships I've made here. Not just surface-level friendships, but lifelong, future bridesmaid friends. I've learned so much - about public relations, about life and about myself. I've grown as a professional and feel confident that I will be pursuing a career I love after graduation. There have been ups and there have been downs but I've grown stronger with each and every experience.

I thought I would share some pictures from the last three and half years to take you along the journey with me. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did putting it together!


Freshman year // One of my closest friends, Linden. We met freshman year and have been inseparable since. Between you and me, it was pretty tricky to find a good picture from freshman year. For some reason, awful selfies were a pretty common thing that year.


Freshman year // This was New Year's Eve with my best friends from high school. From left, Arianna, me, Kristin and Katie. So thankful that we all are still such good friends now!


Freshman year // First Little 500 experience! Clockwise from left: my friend Claire, me, Linden, and Kelly. This picture still makes me laugh - although I'm not sure why we were doing this!


Sophomore year // Love when my parents got to visit for Parent's Weekend. Here we are in Brown County.


Sophomore year // This lovely picture (hint: we are at the Supreme Court in D.C.) marks the start of my friendship with my current roommate, Carmen. So presh!


Summer after sophomore year // Love, love, love my summer in London crew. Here's the group in Stonehenge. Can we all go back?! Like, now!


Summer after sophomore year // This picture basically summarizes a typical night in London. Laughing over Pimms with two amazing friends, Kourtney and Haley.


Junior year // Love my PRSSA girls (Kate, Carly, me and Kaleigh) at National Conference in San Francisco. A truly amazing trip!


Junior year // A great day in the city with these wonderful IU friends. From left: Matt, Kourtney, Mike Mack and me.


Junior year // Carmen and me in Atlanta for our second Media LLC trip together.


Summer after junior year // So lucky to become FHriends with this girl. Glad we can keep the fun going at IU, Jessica!


Summer after junior year // Loved all my Contiki friends but especially these ladies: Haylee, Katie and Anna! Glad I could experience the west coast with you all.


Senior year // Seriously adore "the company" - Nick, Carmen and Anu. I'm going to miss you crazy kids!


Senior year // I don't know what I would be without my PRSSA family. So thankful for all of these ladies. Loved taking on National Conference and Philly with you!


Senior year // Seriously grateful to have a friend like you, Carms!

What are some of your favorite moments from college?

No comments:

Post a Comment