Wednesday, December 11, 2013

November Favorites

Lately, I've fallen into the time-suck known as YouTube vloggers (aka video bloggers). I'd never really followed vloggers before, aside from the occasional Jenna Marbles video. Now I find myself wasting hours watching haul videos or make-up tutorials. It's probably not a good idea I discovered this so late in the semester. 

Hands down, my favorite videos are the monthly favorites. I enjoy trying new things, so it's fun to see what my trusted vloggers are loving that month. Because I'm not as good on camera as I am in words, I thought I would just post my own November Favorites here. I hope to do this series every month, using the seven categories below to show you what I am obsessed with this month. Let me know what you think!


Casual // I scored this sweater for 40-percent off on Black Friday and have worn it so much since then. Last week I wore it twice alone and begged my roommate not to judge me for it (she didn't!). I love the funnel-neck and the neutral shade reminds me of something Olivia Pope would wear. It's a tad on the itchy side, but its loose shape easily makes up for it. No fabric touching my body equals a happy Christine. // Enchanting Sweater: Eddie Bauer

Fun // I've got to admit, I stole these socks from my mom. When she first showed me the pair, I made fun of them but I was in heaven after slipping them on my feet. I have abnormally large feet and these socks come in large and x-large sizes so they are super roomy and perfect for keeping my tootsies warm under boots in the winter. And the fact that they are mismatched gives them some character, don't you think? // Comfy Socks: Soulmate Socks

Beauty // I am not a fan of liquid eyeliner, yet I adore the winged-out look I see everyone pull off. I've been using Urban Decay pencil eyeliner for years, but I decided to give liquid another shot. After researching drugstore varieties online, I stumbled upon this option. It's super easy to apply (even for those that lack a steady hand) and stays on all day, yet is still easy to remove at night. // Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner: L'oreal

Professional // Also while Black Friday shopping, I discovered this sweater from J.Crew. If you've been in the store (or shopped online) lately, you know that J.Crew is all about embellished sweaters this season. And I am more than okay with that! Layered over a button-down, this slightly boxy sweater is instantly chic. // Jeweled Sweater: J.Crew

Wildcard // I love nail polish, especially during the winter when I can indulge in dark colors without appearing goth. What drew me to this shade is that it is definitely something I'd never seen before. It is purpley-gray but when the light hits it, it's slightly iridescent green. In the best possible way, of course. // Essie Nail Polish in Sable Collar

PR Advice // This article came into my inbox a few weeks ago and when I saw the words "office snacking" in the subject line, knew I had to open it. While this topic may sound silly, I was always faced with the tempting box of donuts sitting in the kitchen or Fleishman's infamous Thursday treat cart. As a girl who finds it hard to resist a chocolate-chip cookie staring me in the face, I found these tips really helpful. Major take-away: don't always take, take, take when it comes to snacking. Return the favor by providing treats the next time. // Proper Office Snacking Etiquette

Book // I rarely get time to read during school, but I had to make an exception for this book. Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere recommended this mystery novel and I seriously couldn't put it down. While the point of view takes a while to adjust to at first, this book kept me turning the pages. And the ending? Didn't see it coming! // Afterwards by Rosamund Lupton

What are some of your favorites right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment