Monday, December 9, 2013

Well, Hello Again!

Sorry I have been on a brief (ahem, a little over a month) hiatus on the blog-front. Life has been crazy lately. Blogging has been on my to-do list for weeks, but somehow it always got pushed aside. Now that it's dead week, I miraculously have extra time so here I am again! I thought I would give you a short recap of what I've been up to since you last heard from me. So here we go...

1. In October, I traveled to Philadelphia with 12 (whoa!) other IU PRSSA members for PRSSA National Conference. Talk about an amazingly energizing weekend! I always feel so refreshed after a PRSSA National event. I love connecting with members and hearing that they face the same problems that we do at IU is incredibly reassuring. It was fun to reconnect with old (and new!) friends as well as grow stronger as a Chapter. I can definitely tell you executive board meetings are so much more fun now that we all feel a little bit more (and sometimes almost too) comfortable with each other. Plus, it's fun having nicknames for each other now. Hello, Magsteph and Elijah! Here's a few take-aways from the weekend, plus details about the awards we won!


Part of the group after the Living Legends of PR keynote on Sunday.


We managed to sneak in some fun in Love Park on our last day.


We are PR!

2. In November, I participated in Hoosier PRSA's Half Day with a Pro event. I was placed at Borshoff in Indianapolis and had a blast hearing about everything they do at this PR and advertising agency. I also enjoyed meeting other PRSSA members from all over Indiana, which is always a fun result of these events.

3. I'm on the PRSSA Bateman Case Study Competition team this year and in November, we started our campaign. I love, love, love our team this year. While the work hasn't gotten too crazy yet, I know that we will accomplish great things because we all know how to work hard but also have fun while doing it. The best of both worlds!

4. On a fun (non-PRSSA) related note, I had an awesome time at a pre-Thanksgiving potluck with friends a few weeks ago. Every year, we get together and everyone brings a different Thanksgiving dish. And my favorite part, we all dress up. I wanted to show pictures of the dress I wore that I got at the beginning of the year, but didn't get a chance to wear until now. It's from the Prabal Gurung line for Target, so I don't think it's available anymore but it's perfect for the holidays. The dress is a little too short without tights, but very festive in red. Not to mention, super slimming with the black paneling on the side.


From left: my roommate, Carmen and friend, Mike Mack. Love these people!

5. I had the whole week off of school for Thanksgiving and I had THE BEST time lumping (read: relaxing) and eating the whole time. On top of this, I got hooked on a new show, but I'm saving this news for a whole different post because it's that good! Also, I shopped my butt off on Black Friday...and Thanksgiving (guilty!). My mom and I shopped from 9:30 p.m. on Thanksgiving to about 3 a.m. Then slept and were back at the mall by 10 a.m. and finally got home around 4:30 p.m. Let's just say we literally shopped 'til we dropped. But we scored some amazing deals on Christmas presents for family...and a few for us too!

What have you been up to lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment