Tuesday, January 7, 2014

December Favorites

December was a good month but it also felt like a whirlwind. I wrapped up my second to last semester at IU. Celebrated Christmas with family and friends. Started a brief two-week internship over break (more on that later!). Welcomed in the New Year.

Here's a round-up of some of my favorites that got me through the month of December. Check out my November favorites here.


Casual // I'd been on the constant search for a plaid button-up that could be layered under sweaters as well as stand on its own. I found this one on Black Friday but couldn't wear it until after Christmas. Ever since, I've been wearing it almost every day. I love the colors and the warm flannel is perfect for the freezing weather that is hitting Chicago right now. // Flannel Tunic: Lands' End

Fun // I am a major sucker for peanut butter and chocolate which means I seriously cannot resist buckeyes. I don't think I could ever make them on my own because I would probably eat them all in one sitting. But they are the perfect Christmas treat. My family makes them every year for Christmas (thank you, Aunt Kathy!) and I absolutely looooove them! // Buckeyes

Beauty // I have teeny-tiny eyelashes and always have a hard time finding the perfect mascara. Usually I hit up Sephora, but I was looking for something at a lower price-point this month. I heard people rave about the Falsies mascara and thought I would give it a shot. They make my lashes look super full and dark, which I absolutely adore. // Volum' Express The Falsies Mascara: Maybelline

Professional // I could just live in dresses. They are so easy to throw on and can be accessorized differently to create a totally new look each time you wear them. And in the winter, all you need to do is layer with a pair of tights to stay warm. I especially love these Spanx tights because they are super slimming. This month, I've been wearing two pairs at once to keep extra warm on the way to work. // Tight End Tights: Spanx

Wildcard // Lately, I've been watching a lot of 80's movies on Netflix. I never really watched any of the movies on Netflix before, but I wanted to mix it up a bit over break. My absolute favorite movie that I watched was Say Anything with John Cusack. Seriously, it's so sweet how much he loves Diane and will do anything for her. Why can't all high school romances work out that way? Other 80's Netflix favorites include Top Gun and Pretty in Pink. // Say Anything

PR Advice // Everyone knows that public relations is all about who you know. This fact is sad but very true. That's why networking is so important - as well as incredibly daunting. This article is a must-read for anyone who wants some tips on how to create meaningful professional relationships. // Forget Networking and Start Creating Relationships

Book // I'd heard so many people rave about this book and knew that winter break would be the perfect time to tackle it. It's technically a young adult novel so the book is easy to read, but really makes you think. I won't tell you what it's about because it's a little bit depressing. But one of those books that you definitely feel better having read. // The Fault in Our Stars

What were some of your favorites from December?

No comments:

Post a Comment