Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Switch It Up!

One of my favorite things about getting dressed is the finishing touches. That faux-diamond necklace that sparkles in the sun. A perfectly tied scarf to dress up a casual tee. A bright shoe that makes an otherwise bland outfit pop.

But sometimes it can be tricky to find just the right piece to go with an outfit. Especially when I tend to get in ruts with my jewelry. Sometimes I find a necklace that goes perfectly with a dress and it's hard to get out of my comfort zone.

The other night my friend sent me a picture of a plain pink dress and wanted to know how to dress it up with accessories. Inspired by her fashion question, I put together three different looks with a similar pink number from J.Crew. It's amazing how an entire look can change with just a belt or chunky necklace!


Mint belt // I love how a belt can cinch any look at the waist and create an hourglass shape. Instantly classy! This skinny mint belt is a perfect pop of color and the adorable Mary Janes complete the look. Pink and mint look great together and the combo is spot-on for summer.


Neon // Another trend I'm loving for spring is neon. While a head-to-toe highlighter look might not be best for the office, subtle pops make you stand out appropriately. I'm loving the beautiful crystals in the necklace and neon against the pale pink. Neon pumps put together the outfit perfectly.

Necklace: J.Crew  Pumps: DSW

Chunky // I've admired this chunky, tribal necklace for months and I think it would go great with this dress. It's hard to tell from the picture, but there are little pink beads that surround the gold sections that perfectly match the frock. With a chunkier necklace, it's best to choose simple shoes, so a cobalt flat is the way to go.

Necklace: Francesca's Flats: Tory Burch

How do you change up a look with accessories?



No comments:

Post a Comment