Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Let's Talk About SHOES

I honestly don't know why it took me this long to write a post about shoes - one of my favorite topics. Footwear can be especially tricky in the workplace. Finding an appropriate balance between being fashionable but not slutty and walkable without being dowdy can be tricky to say the least.

Personally I am a big fan of flats at work because they allow me to move quickly through the office and are equally fashionable on my morning commute (gym shoes are NOT a viable option, even if you change when you get to the office!). However, nothing looks more crisp and professional than a pair of classic pumps in neutral shades such as black and nude.

I compiled some of my favorite shoes for the office that encompass the three C's: cute, comfortable and classic. These are a few of the basics that you can mix and match with any outfit to create a truly polished look.


1. Felicia Flat // I love the classic shape of this flat and the simple bow. When I first saw these flats, I quickly breezed past them as too basic. There was nothing inherently special about them. But I quickly realized how versatile they could be. I own a pair in red and I wear them all the time! I'm equally coveting this metallic iteration. These flats are a classic I can stand to own in more than one color. // Sam Edelman

2. Leopard Smoking Slipper // The smoking slipper is all the rage this season and I can totally justify a pair in leopard. For me, leopard is most definitely a neutral and are just the accessory to take an outfit from boring to stand-out. I especially love leopard with chambray. But really, chambray goes with everything, right? // Vince Camuto

3. Nude Tory // I obsess over Tory...Burch that is. Though I don't own a pair of her flats, I think they are so classic and a perfect splurge in the young professional's wardrobe. I've heard they take a while to break in, but pain is beauty, eh? Just be sure to stash a few Band-aids in your bag for later. // Tory Burch

4. Nude Pump // Every girl needs a pair of nude pumps. They instantly make your legs look longer and leaner. Need I say more? If that's not enough, they go with everything! This heel height is perfect; I would go no higher than three inches for work. Not only is a lower heel more foot-friendly, but also remains appropriate in an office environment. Read: no stripper heels at work! // Enzo Angiolini

5. Etta Pump // Confession time: I don't have the best balance aka I have difficulty walking in heels. To remedy this problem, I try to stick to a stacked heel. They are much easier to walk in while still getting some height. There's nothing I love more than a red pump to sass up an outfit. Again, I could argue these as a neutral as well, but that's another conversation. // J.Crew

6. Black Pump // These pumps are literally my favorite of all time. The heel is the perfect height for being able to scurry around the office without wobbling (or getting blisters!). When I do find the urge to wear heels, these are often my go-to! They go with everything. // Vince Camuto

What type of shoes do you wear more to the office? Do you prefer flats or pumps?

3 comments:

  1. Black Tory flats with the gold detail have been on my wish list FOREVER! Love the new design :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm dying for those too! Thanks!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete