Friday, October 4, 2013

Sweater Weather

With autumn officially here, I am dying for some real fall weather...and hot spiked apple cider. What can I say, this girl knows what she wants! It has been uncharacteristically hot and humid in Bloomington lately. A little chilly on my morning walk to class, but by the time noon rolls around I am a hot mess - literally! I feel like I've been saying, "I just want it to be in the 60s," for the past three weeks!

Well according to my iPhone, it's supposed to be 63 on Sunday and I could not be more thrilled. You know what that means?! I'm breaking out my sweater collection! Nothing is better than a day spent nuzzled up in your favorite over-sized sweater. It can even make a long day of classes and studying more bearable - trust me, I know!

In case you need some sweater inspiration, I rounded up some of my favorites for the weekend, plus a few that would pass at work. Now I just need to get around to buying some apple cider and cinnamon Schnapps!

Weekend: 

1. Lace Trim // This super soft sweater is made even sweeter with a touch of lace at the bottom. I would pair with black military boots to keep the look from being too girly. The hard edge of the boots with the delicate lace is the perfect juxtaposition for fall. // Urban Outfitters

2. Pop of Cobalt // I love a good burst of color and this is no exception during the cooler months. A fun Baroque-style patterned slouchy sweater is ideal for those lazy days when when you still want to look put together. I am loving the leather trend this season and paired with leather (or pleather!) leggings, this look would be a hit! // MINKPINK via Nordstrom

3. Cable Knit // No sweater list is complete without one cable knit. With its classic shape and neutral hue, this option will easily become a staple. Layer over a chambray (more ways to wear denim at work here) or pair with your favorite pair of jeans for the quintessential fall day. // Madewell

Office: 

4. Moroccan-Inspired // At work, slouchy sweaters just aren't appropriate, but this structured option is a fun alternative. The Moroccan-inspired design keeps the sweater contemporary, plus the merino wool is super soft and not at all itchy. Worn with black slacks or tucked into a classic pencil skirt, this sweater will keep you warm and stylish while compiling the morning report. // J.Crew

5. Black and White Cardi // The B&W trend was all over the place earlier this year (see my obsession with white here) and I think it's here to stay for fall and winter. A chunky cardigan is the perfect way to keep warm while also staying chic. This sweater would really pop against oxblood trousers or emerald cropped pants. // Banana Republic

6. London // Super splurge alert - I just love love love this cashmere sweater from Burberry. Although I have super fond memories from London, I don't think I could ever justify this sweater's hefty price tag (think more than a grand!). For now, I can just imagine it tucked into a leather pencil skirt or black cropped pants. Cheers! // Burberry

What fall sweater trends are you loving and how are you wearing them?

P.S. - Don't know why I didn't try this #30DaysofJewels challenge earlier! It's been super fun to mix it up with my jewelry this week...and has made getting dressed in the morning so much more enjoyable. I'll try to remember this feeling about halfway through the month when I start to get burnt out :) Follow me on Instagram to keep up with my journey!






1 comment: