Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Roaring Twenties

It was inevitable. I've caught The Great Gatsby fever, just like most of America. I saw the movie last weekend and it was to die! With all the hype, I wasn't sure how it would shape up, but it did not disappoint.

I read the book junior year of high school but didn't remember most of it. I tried to re-read it on the train last week but got about half way through it and then quit. So when I saw the ending of the movie, I was completely surprised. Such a good plot!

What was better than the plot? You guessed it! The fashion. Unbelievable! Let's start with this look from Daisy.


How can you not love this outfit? I think the reason I adore the twenties so much is that they over-accessorized. Everything was sparkle-y and big and beautiful. The pearls, the diamonds, the fur. Put it all together and I'm in heaven.


This dress is my favorite of Daisy's from the movie. All that sparkle plus the headpiece. I wish I had a Gatsby-esque party to go to so that I could wear this dress. It needs the proper occasion, no? I also love that the dress is a little bit longer. So much more elegant than some of the mini-dress numbers you see today.

Tiffany's has a Gatsby inspired collection that I am just swooning over. While just about everything in the collection is out of my price range (darn!) a girl can look, right? If I had a Gatsby budget, these are the pieces I would splurge on.


This headpiece is just like Daisy's and would be perfect for a special occasion. With a champagne-colored sparkley, flapper-esque number, this piece would be divine! Layer with a strand of pearls, and get ready to do the Charleston. 

OMG this yellow diamond ring?! Yes, please! Stacked with other diamond stunners or on its own, this ring speaks for itself. Majorly lusting for this right now!


After ogling Gatsby's pinky ring in the movie, I think this onyx piece would be just fabulous for your man. So classic and timeless, I'm hoping that men embrace the ring trend (and I'm talking more than just wedding bands!). Jewelry isn't just for women anymore!

What were your favorite looks from the movie?




No comments:

Post a Comment