Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Say "Thank You" In Style

I'm sure everyone knows that thank you notes are imperative in the job and internship search—in any field. If you need some more convincing, see here and here. And hand-written thank you notes are even better. I mean, who doesn't love receiving snail mail every once in a while?

However, very few applicants actually send them, and of those that do, you can bet they are the ones getting the second interview! It's an extra touch that shows you care and are truly interested in the position.

Plus, they are a great way to show your personal style. But again, there is a fine line between the thank you notes that you sent out after your high school graduation party, and the ones that are appropriate for employers to see.

I compiled a selection of professional stationery ideas that are the perfect graduation present (for high schoolers and college graduates) or to celebrate landing your first summer internship!



1. My mom got this personalized stationery set for me for Christmas last year and I can't tell you how many times I've used them since (I sent A LOT of thank you notes after internship interviews this spring). I like the simple ivory color and basic script personalization on the front. It's a nice, professional touch and there is just enough writing space inside the card. Perfect in any situation! // American Stationery 

2. I really like the engraved initials in this set. It gives the cards an elegant touch which will make you stand out of the pack (literally!) of applicants. These cards will reiterate the fact that you are professional and ready to get the job done, while also looking good. // The Stationery Studio

3. Can I just say I love the chevron print on the bottom of these cards?! While these wouldn't be the best in a corporate environment (a little too much personality for my taste), they would be perfect to keep in touch with professional contacts or to just say "I'm thinking of you." You can change the color of the print and the envelope, but I'm just loving this coral hue right now. // Paper Source

What kind of stationery do you like best for professional follow-ups?

No comments:

Post a Comment